Honey is one of those things I never thought much about until I went vegan and began reading labels and recipes and now I see that it is everywhere. Then came cooking where honey is often found in baked foods, desserts and granola and finding a vegan replacement can sometimes be difficult. Agave is usually a suitable replacement but the consistency is often too thin and the flavor is slightly too sweet.
When I read about Bee-Free Honee I jumped at the opportunity to review and it and of course to do a giveaway. I am even more excited to do the giveaway now because I really love this product and can’t wait to have you try it as well.
The website describes the product best “Bee Free Honee is a unique sweetener with a slightly tart flavor. It is “apple honey” in that it is made from apples rather than by bees! We use only three all natural ingredients, apple, pure cane sugar, and lemon juice. There is nothing artificial, no added color and no corn syrup.”
Although it doesn’t taste exactly like honey, it has more of an apple flavor- because well yeah it is made with apples. But it really is the closest in flavor and consistency to honey and it taste delicious. I have used it in my tea and oatmeal and on apples with cinnamon and almond butter. I haven’t tried it in baked goods or granola yet but that will be my next challenge.
Now that you know more about this wonderful product I am going to give two lucky people to win a bottle of their own. All you have to do is enter- oh and for an additional chance to win head over to Keri’s blog I Eat Tree’s because she is also giving away a bottle.
To Enter: (leave a comment for each entry) The giveaway is open to U.S. residence only. The winner will be randomly selected on Monday, March 21th, 2011 at 11 PM EST.
- Leave a comment telling me why you’d love to try Bee-Free Honee
- Visit the Bee-Free Honee website and leave a comment telling me something new that you learned
- Follow me on Twitter and leave a comment below telling me you did.
- Tweet, “Enter to win #vegan Bee-Free Honee @cookveganlover http://wp.me/pFVWo-1H2” and leave a comment to tell me you tweeted.
- “Like” Cook.Vegan.Lover on Facebook and leave a comment below telling me you did.
- Sign up for the Cook.Vegan.Lover. newsletter, and leave a comment to let me know you did