Here is the weekly wrap up of my workouts:
- Friday: Flow Yoga Class; 60 min (counted last week)
- Saturday: C25k Week 3 Day 2 plus walk 36 min
- Sunday: off
- Monday: C25k- stair master-10 minutes; weights 30 minutes
- Tuesday: C25k Week 3 Day 3 plus walking 35min
- Wednesday: Day Off
- Thursday: C25k Week 4 Day 1- 32min; weights and abs-30min
Days: 15/25 Days 14 hours & 57 minutes/15.5 Hours
Lately I have been more on a fitness roll than in a fitness rut and it feels great! I attribute the success and motivation to the incentive program that the Hubz and I started a few months ago and my new gym membership. However I have surely experienced times of fitness ruts over the years; here are my favorite go to activities:
- Walking with the Hubz- Walking is a relaxing low impact workout that can gets your body moving. I love to go with Neil because we can walk and talk, so it turns from a designated workout to quality time with him. Honestly some of our walks have been my favorite times with him because we always have the best conversations when we get ourselves outside and walking around. So next time you’re in a rut find a walking buddy!
- Workout Videos- I love to do fitness videos when I am in a rut. There are a number of great videos that are shorter and can help to jump start (restart) your workout routine. One of my favorites is Skinny Bitch Body because there are four 15 minute workouts that are dedicated to abs, butt, legs and abs. Other great quick video workouts is Rodney Yee’s A.M. Yoga; it has five 20-minute yoga workouts that target different parts of the body. Another short video is Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred this is a great high impact workout video that gets you hot and sweaty in only 20-minutes. I also love Insanity for something a little longer and intense; I don’t do this everyday but incorporate the workouts into my routine.
- Try something new- I love to pick a new class, try a new cardio machine or lately it’s been doing laps at the pool. The more variety you have you in your fitness routine the less likely you are to get in a rut. So next time you are feel in a rut try something new.
What are your go-to activities?