The Farmhouse Tap and Grill opened just the past spring and has been packed every night since. It quickly has become one of the most popular restaurants in Burlington. This gastropub is all about featuring and supporting local farms and it has a tap room as well. In the summers you can sit and have a brew in the outdoor beer garden while you wait for table. Although the menu is heavy on the meat and dairy side the vegan options do not disappoint. Shortly after the restaurant opened I emailed inquiring about the vegan options and this is what I was told are vegan:
- Heirloom tomato salad (sans feta cheese)
- House soy burger (sans cheese and bun) we suggest over some wilted kale in place of bun
- French fries!
- Nitty Gritty Corn Cakes (sans buttermilk vinaigrette)
- Kale & arugula salad (sans blue cheese, with lemon vinaigrette instead of the buttermilk vinaigrette
- Marinated olives, spiced pecans from the snacks menu
- Roasted Beets (sans goat cheese)
- Phil’s Vegan Delight – not on the menu, but we make it often. Some braised greens, mushrooms, and veggies over grilled Red Hen Bakery bread
We have enjoyed the french fries which are crispy and delicious, the corn cakes with the lemon vinaigrette which is just to die for, the marinated olives- plump juicy and so good and of course the vegan delight. The thing I love about the vegan delight is that the basis is the same every time greens, mushrooms and veggies over bread however the combination is different each time I order it because it is based around what veggies they have that day. It is always amazing and the Hubz and I have been known to frequent here more often then any other restaurant around.
The beer selection is really outstanding which is why we keep going back for more. There is also a small wine menu that features some nice wines, however if you are looking for liquor you won’t find it here. The atmosphere is loud with low lights and is always packed and full of energy. Unfortunately due to the lighting inside I didn’t get great photos but I do have some from the beer garden. I have to say that if you are a beer and food lover this is the place to visit in Burlington.