Saturday night we hosted a blind tasting of nine different pumpkin beers. I chose the beers out of our stock of 16 pumpkin beers and created the score cards as well as decided to make a game out of it. The person who correctly identified the most beers by name and brewery (Neil excluded) won a bottle of Switchback, a local brewery who just started bottling their beer.
To go along with the beer we asked our guests to bring something to share. Laura brought baguette and pumpkin seed oil (to go with the theme) as well as chips and guacamole. Taylor and Emily brought a delicious harvest salad filled with Brussels sprouts, beets and walnuts and I made the main dish a butternut squash soup. Everything was so delicious and the perfect pairing to the pumpkin beers.
Pumpkin Beer Ratings (based on the average of all 5 of our ratings):
- Long Trail Imperial Pumpkin 4.4/5
- Southern Tier Pumpking 4.35/5
- Sam Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale 3.9/5
- Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale 3.6/5
- Wachusett Imperial Pumpkin 3.5/5
- Harpoon UFO Pumpkin 2.9/5
- Saranac Pumpkin Ale 2.9/5
- Gritty’s Halloween 2.55/5
- Long Trail Pumpkin Ale 1.6/5
Winner of the most correct answers was Laura with 3/9!
Q: What is your favoritej pumpkin beer? My favorites so far are Six Point Autumnation, Sam Adams Fat Jack and Wachusett Imperial Pumpkin Ale.