I’m excited to announce that my first e-book is now available for purchase! To purchase your copy of the e-book:
- Click the Buy Now link below or in the sidebar of my blog.
- You will be brought to a Pay Pal page to make your purchase
- Click the link to download the cookbook, after 10 seconds (or if you click the link) the download will begin automatically!
I have exciting news! I have started a new project creating my first e-book. I am really excited about it and have been busy working on recipes and getting my testing site up. I have a great group of testers who have jumped right in and have been providing great feedback. So what exactly is this e-book all about?
If you guessed soups, stews and chili’s then you are correct! This first ever Cook.Vegan.Lover. e-book will be filled with a wonderful variety of soups, stews and chili’s to warm you up this fall and winter. I hope to have it completed by mid-November.
The Hubz and I are “beer aficionados” or at least we like to think we are (more the Hubz than me) ….if you aren’t laughing you should be. Anyways we really do love beer especially really good craft beer; we are lucky to live in Vermont where there are tons of craft breweries. Anyways so as many of you may have seen me tweeting the Hubz and I had a mini beer tasting on Monday night. So we rated the beers based on what we liked the best (5 being best and 1 being worst), however below is the order we drank them in:
While we ate, drank and were merry the fur baby did this:
Calling all Soup Lovers! If you love soup as much as I do than this just might be the thing for you. I am looking for 15-17 people to participate in testing recipes for my new Soup Recipe E-Book. If you would like to learn more about being a tester please e-mail me at lindsay [at] cookingforaveganlover [dot] com.
Spicy Cheezy Bac’n Potato Soup
1- 8oz package of tempeh
3 T olive oil
1/4 C shoyu
2 T balsamic vinegar
2 T maple syrup
1 T chipotle chili powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Slice tempeh into 8-10 thin slices
- Place in a shallow baking dish
- Whisk all of the marinade ingredients together and pour over the tempeh, making sure it is evenly coated
- Bake 20-30 min or until tempeh has browned and marinade has been mostly absorbed
2 small potatoes, diced
salt and pepper
1 T olive oil
- Toss the diced potato with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Spread on a sheet pan and place in a 350F oven for 30-40 minutes, until golden and crispy
1 T olive oil
1 Lg onion, diced
1 lb new potatoes, skin on, washed and diced
1 C sliced carrots
1 Quart Vegetable Broth
2 Cloves of garlic, minced
1 Bay Leaf
1 C unsweetened soy milk
1/2 C nutritional Yeast
1 T yellow mustard
salt and pepper
- In a large sauce pan heat the olive oil over med-high and add the onion. Sautee until the onion is soft and translusent
- Add the garlic and carrots and cook for 3-5 min until the carrots begin to soften.
- Add the potatoes and toss together for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable broth and bay leaf. Bring up to a boil and then turn down the heat to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Turn off the heat and remove the bay leaf. Stir in the nutritional yeast, mustard and sou milk.
- With an immersion blender, blend all the ingredients together. (You can also use a regular blender to do this, however you will need to blend in batches)
- Turn the heat back on to low and crumble in all but 2 of the tempeh bacon slices. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with crumbled bacon and potato croutons.