Roasted Tomato Soup
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large sheet pan of oven roasted tomatoes, approx 10 plum tomatoes (check out this post for tips on how to roast your tomatoes)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- salt, to taste
- Chopped parsley to garnish
Heat the olive oil in a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat; add the carrots and onion and saute for 5-6 minutes until soft and lightly browning. Stir in the garlic and cook for one minute. Add the vegetable broth and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the roasted tomatoes.
Pour the contents of the pot into a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Return to the pot, season with salt and pepper and heat until desired temperature.
Ladle into two bowls and top with a sprinkle of parsley.