My husband and I are headed to Boston this weekend for a leisurely weekend away and I had a bunch of produce to use up. This morning I decided since I was going to be out of the house all day that it would be good to get something prepped for dinner ahead of time. We have been trying to eat high raw now that our winter CSA is over and we don’t have ridiculous amounts of rutabaga and turnip to use every week. This recipe is almost raw with the exception of the nutritional yeast which gives it a yummy cheesy flavor.
Ingredients (makes 2 large portions or 4 sides):
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 8oz button mushrooms, cut in half (you can also try baby bella or portobello if you’d like)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into medium sized chunks
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (if you want to make this totally raw you can omit this ingredient)
- 1/4 cup cold pressed olive oil
- 3T lemon juice
- 1t onion powder
- 1t garlic powder
- 1/2t salt
- 1/4t black pepper
- Toss the veggies with the nutritional yeast, olive oil, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper; make sure everything is evenly coated.
- Spread evenly onto mesh dehydrator sheets (I used 2 in my Nesco).
- Dehydrate at 115F for 1-2 hours (this helps to reduce fermentation) then turn down to 105F for at least 10 hours but you could dehydrate these up to 24 hours if you want them really crispy.