I recently participated in the prAna and Fit Approach #7daystretch campaign on Instagram. It was a great excuse to get myself back into regular stretching and I am finding myself loving the prompts, community and creativity that comes with fun campaigns like this one.
I also had an opportunity to try out a pair of prAna leggings from their Fall collection and I instantly fell in love. There is something about a pair of quality leggings that reminds me why it’s okay to invest a little more in something great. It reminded me so much that I went out and bought myself a pair of their Misty Knickers. Now I basically live in my Prisim Capris and Misty Knickers because they are so comfortable, cute and I can wear them for a workout (barre, yoga, walk, hike) or I can simply pair them with a pair of casual shoes, a t-shirt and a denim jacket for a casual but cool look. The fit of both of these pants are just so comfortable, a little higher rise so it holds everything in (#postpartumbelly) and what can I say my butt looks great in them.
Have you tried prAna pants? My husband has a pair of the Brion pants and another pair that I can’t remember the name of but he loves both of them. They are perfect for hiking and for casual wear as well.
In honor of the 7 Day Stretch here are 7 Things You Might Not Know About Me:
- 75% of my blog posts are written by hand. I have always been better at expressing myself through words if I first write something down on a piece of paper. It’s really my first draft of something so when I do go to type it there are less grammatical errors and overall my posts just seem to be better.
- I could eat pasta with Earth Balance and nutritional yeast everyday (but I don’t). I know boring right? I love all kinds of food and to cook up really fun meals but I also love something so simple. When I was a child I used to have pasta with butter and parmesan all the time and this is basically my vegan version of a childhood favorite.
- Every September I re-watch Gilmore Girls. I don’t know what it is about Gilmore Girls but its just says Fall to me. I have been watching the show every Fall since it started. One year I was gifted three of the seasons and so came the tradition of watching those first three seasons and eventually the fourth every year. I almost purchased the entire boxset last year but then it came out on Netflix so I am holding off until it is no longer on Netflix. Also for those of you who might be wondering Neil also likes Netflix and I’m am trying to get Edith into it as well so when she is older she can start the yearly tradition with me.
- Running With Tongs used to be a vegan food blog. Shout out to those of you who remember the Cooking For A Vegan Lover days. I started blogging in December 2006 about cooking for my vegan boyfriend (now husband) Neil. I wrote about vegan recipes and vegan restaurants and then in 2010 I started my health coaching journey and my blog slowly evolved to be more of a lifestyle blog and so I changed the name to Cook.Vegan.Lover. (cooking, vegan and everything I loved). I honestly wanted to change it something else completely but was scared to make a huge name change at that time. Finally in 2011 my blog had really turned into all things healthy living and not specifically vegan so I made the leap to Running With Tongs and here we are today.
- My favorite place to eat in Portland is Harlow. Harlow is a vegetarian restaurant in SE Portland and it has just really delicious and nourishing food. My favorites to order are the Harlow Mac & Cheese, Mercy Blues with Tempeh and the Huevos Rancheros (sans huevos sub tempeh).
- I have lived in 4 different apartments/townhouses/houses in less than 3 years. We moved to the Portland area in January 2013 and since we moved site unseen we chose a place that was a few miles from Neil’s job. After realizing that living in the suburbs was not for us we (finally) moved into Portland. Well a surprise pregnancy left us with a townhouse that was just a bit too small for our family so we moved back to the suburbs to be closer once again to Neil’s work. Fast forward a year and after finding out our rent was going to increase by 20% if we renewed our lease and the fact that we still felt like the suburbs were not for us we again (finally) moved back to Portland where we plan to be for the longterm future.
- I am a total homebody. I love to explore but I am more than happy to spend my free time at home working on projects, pinning things to pinterest or binge watching my favorite show.
What is one (or seven) things I might not know about you?
Disclaimer: prAna sent me a pair of their leggings as part of the #7daystretch campaign with Fit Approach. I did not receive any monetary compensation for this campaign.