Last night for dinner we had White Bean Pesto Pita Pizza <–try saying that 5 times fast. It was amazing, one of my favorite new recipes. This recipe makes 4 mini pita pizzas and trust me it is really difficult to resist eating them all.
- 2 cups loosely packed flat leaf Italian Parsley
- 1/2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4-1/3 cup olive oil
- 1-15oz can cannelini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 whole wheat pitas
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5-6 button mushrooms, sliced and sauteed until soft
Preheat the oven to 350F. Place parsley, pumpkin seeds, garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper in a food processor and pulse to coarsely chopped. With the food processor running slowly drizzle the olive oil through feed tube of the food processor until fully incorporated and smooth. Divide the pesto into five parts; use to top the four pitas and toss the remaining pesto with the white beans. Divide the white beans amount the four pitas, spreading into an even layer and then top each pita with 1/4 of the cherry tomatoes and mushrooms. Bake for 6 minutes. Broil on high for 2-3 minutes until edges of pita are lightly browned.