Creamy Miso Morel Pasta with Peas & Leeks
- 4 servings of homemade dried fettuccine pasta (feel free to use fresh)
- 1 oz. dried morels
- 1T olive oil
- 1/2T fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1 large leek- white only, minced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup reserved morel soaking water
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2/3 cup soy creamer
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1T red miso mixed with 2T warm water
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Soak the morels in water for a 5 minutes and then drain and rinse them off to remove any dirt that they may have on them. Then soak the morels in enough HOT water to cover them and let them sit for 1 hour. Drain and reserve 1/4 cup of soaking liquid.
- Cook pasta according to the directions.
- In a medium saute pan heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and then add the leek and thyme, saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and morels and saute for a minute and then add the morel soaking water. Bring the mixture up to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the nutritional yeast, soy creamer and peas and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat and add in the miso mixture and stir until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the morel sauce with the pasta and serve.