This year is all about setting S.M.A.R.T. Goals aka Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Tangible Goals. Last night the Hubz and I kept it pretty low key with homemade tempura veggies, martinis and too many episodes of House Hunters. We also took a minute to sit down and work on our goals for the new year.
I wasn’t quite as successful last regarding my goals- you can checkout how everything went here.
I know that this year I am setting goals that I can complete and look forward to the adventure.
1. Attend a blogger conference – this might be a slight cheater one but I will be attending Vida Vegan Blog Conference . After a long discussion with the Hubz we finally decided that we would make the trip to PDX for the conference and we are looking forward to it.
2. Do an overnight backpacking trip on the Long Trail- this is one of the goals the Hubz and I have together. He has developed a new found love for hiking and I am warming up to it as well. I have decided that this year I want to try new things and challenge myself and an overnight backpacking trip will definitely be a challenge worth doing.
3. Run a 5k- As you will see this is one of my goals from last year that I totally failed on. I decided that I am still wanting to challenge myself athletically and put this back on my list to give myself a second chance.
4. Blog with a purpose- I have decided that I really need to take more time with my blogging and write high quality blog posts. I do not want to pressure myself to write everyday but write when I want to and only submit post that I am proud of.
5. Embrace Health Counseling- I will receive my health counseling certification in April. I currently am able to counsel but I only have a limited number of clients. This year I would like to increase my clients, work on marketing my business and teach a health/nutrition related course at a local gym, co-op or health food shop.
Other things I want to do in 2011:
- Create a “grown up” bedroom – one that has a bedroom set, a style, and is a place that the Hubz and I can retreat to; a space of our own.
- Revamp my blog- make improvements to the layout as well as the features.
- Update my health counseling blog….rather have the Hubz do it.
- Get to my happy weight by trying new activities such as P90X, hiking, running and yoga.
- Spend more time reading. Do you have any book recommendations?
- Spend more quality time with the Hubz- make a conscious effort to have 1 date night a week.
What are your goals for 2011?