I had planned to write a more personal post today however after a crazy weekend of solo parenting (Neil was away at a conference for work) I am running on fumes and have a number of deadlines to meet for work, baby yoga today and oh yeah that whole finding time to sleep thing. I will be back with an update soon but until then here is a recipe to keep you busy.
While shopping at the farmers market I came across the cutest baby eggplant and I knew I just had to pick some up. I decided to pair them with a few other farmers market finds which included yellow beans and new potatoes and cook them all up in a yummy curry coconut broth.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 lb yellow beans or green beans, rinsed and halved
- 1 lb whole new potatoes quartered, rinsed
- 1.25 lbs baby eggplants, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 vegetable bouillion cube
- 2 (15oz) cans of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon umeboshi plum vinegar (optional)
- Heat a large heavy bottom pot over medium-high heat; add the 1/4 cup water and onion and carrot, cover and cook 7 minutes.
- Stir in the potatoes and beans, cover and cook for 8 minutes.
- Stir in the eggplant and red curry paste. Then stir in the boullion and coconut milk.
- Bring to a simmer and then cover and cook on medium for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the umeboshi plum vinegar (if using). Return the lid and cook for 10 more minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve with brown rice or your favorite grain.
Over on Naturally Family we take a look at our past weekend in numbers.