Coconut Red Curry Peanut Stir Fry
- 1 cup firm tofu, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 5 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1.5 cups frozen edamame
- 1T coconut oil
- 1T coconut peanut butter (can substitute half coconut butter/half peanut butter or just use peanut butter)- win your own Coconut PB below
- 1T red curry paste
- 2T soy sauce, tamari or shoyu
- 1/2T vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1T arrowroot powder mixed with 1/4 cup of water
- 1t garlic powder
- 1/4 cup of dry roasted peanuts
- In a wok over medium high heat melt the coconut oil and coconut peanut butter together.
- Add in the red curry paste and stir fry together for about a minute.
- Add in all the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the peanuts and cook for 7-10minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Add in the peanuts at the end. Serve with your favorite rice or noodles.
To make this recipe I used Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil and Coconut Peanut Butter. The coconut peanut butter is rich and creamy tasting and works really well in this dish. The peanut butter flavor is not overwhelming but is rather great combined with the coconut. I found that this is not an easily spreadable butter but is great on warmed foods such as oatmeal, stir fries, noodles, and sweet potatoes.
“Tropical Traditions Organic Coconut Peanut Butter is made from organic peanuts and organic coconut. Two ingredients: nothing else! No fillers, no binders, no sweeteners, and no preservatives. The peanuts are 100% organic Valencia peanuts grown organically by family farmers in New Mexico and Texas. Grown in the dry climate of the southwestern United States, these peanuts are certified organic and free from aflatoxins. The dried coconut is certified organic coconut meat from the Philippines from coconuts that are grown with no fertilizers or pesticides. This premium dried coconut contains no additives or preservatives, and is not sweetened. Unlike most dried coconut on the market, our dried coconut products are not treated with sulfites to keep them white. Together, these premium organic roasted peanuts and the premium organic dried coconut are ground together to make a delicious and nutritious spread!” soucre
Tropical Traditions Giveaway- Please Enter by 8am on February 26, 2010
To win your own jar of Tropical Traditions Coconut Peanut Butter visit the Tropical Traditions website and take a look around- leave a comment on my blog telling me something you’ve learned or about a product that interest you.
Additional Chances to Enter
- Subscribe to Tropical Traditions email Sales Newsletter here:http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/subscribe_for_special_sales.cfm(Leave me a comment saying you did)
- Tweet about this giveaway – “I want to win @Troptraditions Coconut Oil from @cookveganlover http://wp.me/ppaTI-vQ
(Leave me a comment saying you did)
- Follow me @cookveganlover on twitter (Leave a comment saying you did)
- Visit Tropical Traditions Free Coconut Recipe websitehttp://www.freecoconutrecipes.com/ and leave a comment telling me what your favorite recipe is.
Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.
Giveaway Winner is:
How can one ever go wrong when there’s coconut involved? But there are a couple of recipes that catch my eye: coconut ice and Coconut Peanut Butter Cup Hot Cocoa. YUM!