This is a great dish that I make a few times a year usually for parties or nights that we are feeling like something yummy and comforting. I recently made this dish for our family holiday gathering and it went over great with everyone. I sometimes like to bake this up until it gets browned and bubbly but it is great hot, warm or room temperature. Use the leftovers (if you have any) to make yummy grilled sandwiches or quesadillas.
Serve this with veggie sticks, crackers and/or crusty bread
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1 can of artichokes, drained
- 1 T lemon juice
- Two 10-ounce packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 12 ounces vegan cream cheese, at room temperature, I prefer toffutti
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- Dash of hot sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil add the chopped onion and garlic and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the artichokes and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned in spots, about 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon and cook until for a minute.
- Add the spinach and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the tofu cream cheese, nutritional yeast and season with hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring, until the dip is creamy, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and serve warm or at room temperature.