Many of you are at/heading to the Healthy Living Summit (wish I could have gone)in Philly this weekend and are probably curious on what to do.
Neil, myself and our friend Laura are on our way to Philly next weekend to meet up with Laura’s boyfriend Aaron and enjoy a new (to us) city. Since my extent of “visiting” Philly is many layovers at the airport I decided to ask a Philly resident Allison from The Sunday Flog what her top recommendations of things to do and eat are. This is what she suggested:
- art museum (if you’re into museums!)
- liberty bell/walk through independence mall (5th/6th and arch) – the only one that requires admission is the national constitution center
- run on kelly drive – it’s gorgeous to stroll along the river (FYI from the art museum to the east falls bridge is ~4 miles)
- visit LOVE park (15th and arch) and take pictures
- mini golf at franklin square (7th and race) – all replicas of mini philly landmarks! super fun and $8! then grab [veggie] burgers from stephen starr’s square burger and ice cream and franklin fountain. cute date night!
- stroll on south street and check out the cool shops and weird people
- READING TERMINAL MARKET (12th and filbert)
- italian market! (9th and washington…all along 9th st) a bit more mexican/chinese than just italian, but dinner at villa di roma is great, as is perusing the little shops (fantes housewares is a favorite!)
- stroll through rittenhouse square and grab a drink somewhere!
- not cheesesteaks because you don’t eat meat!
- pizza at pietros. (17th and walnut) i don’t know why but this is one of my FAVORITE places in the city!!!
- any of stephen starr’s restaurants (continental, el vez, jones, buddakan, morimoto, pod)
- pure fare – organic and delicious!
- cantina dos segundos (931 north 2nd st) AWESOME FOOD and they are super veg/vegan friendly
- brunch at honeys sit-and-eat (800 n. 4th) or sabrinas (18th and callowhill OR 9th and christian)