The Hubz and I both at a craving for something sweet last night, however we are trying to watch our sweet intake as well as sugar in general. However it is the time of year for sweet treats so I decided to create something slighly lower in sugar and oil but still really tasty.
Makes 18-20 cookies
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine, room temperature
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 cup vegan hot chocolate mix
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup spelt flour (could substitute white flour)
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
Preheat oven 350F
- With a stand mixer or electric beaters, cream the vegan margarine, pumpkin puree, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla for 4 minutes.
- In a medium bowl stir together the baking powder, baking soda, salt, whole wheat flour, and spelt four. In the stand mixer on low or with a wooden spoon slowly add in the dry mixture until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a measuring spoon scoop out heaping tablespoons of dough and place on a parchment lined baking sheet, bake for 14-16 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before removing and placing on a cooling rack. The cookies may seem slightly soft but once they cool on the baking sheet they will begin to firm up.