I’ve been sick with a fever and the flu since Saturday night so little cooking has been happening at our house. The hubz however made a tofu scramble for himself last night that he was really proud of so I decided to post his recipe.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion – thinly sliced and caramelized
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 block of extra firm tofu, crumbled
- 2 T of braggs (you can use soy sauce)
- 1/2 t of smoked hot paprika
- 1/2 t of tumeric
- sprinkle of crushed red peppers
- sprinkle of italian seasoning
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- salt/pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat the olive oil; add the onions and cook until caramelized.
- Stir in the garlic and mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the spices and tofu and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in the baby spinach and cook until wilted. Taste and season with salt and pepper