Yields 2 servings
Pan-Fried Tofu Steak
- 1/2 Block of extra firm tofu, cut into 2 thin slices
- 3T all purpose flour
- 1 T sesame oil
- 1t Canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or microplaned
Dust the tofu with the flour and set aside. In a large saute pan place the oils and garlic and heat over medium-high until the garlic is fragrant. Place the tofu in the pan and pan fry on each side for 4-5 minutes.
Chili Yuzu Sauce
- 1.5T tamari
- 1T yuzu
- 1t rice wine
- 1t rice wine vineagr
- 1t sesame oil
- 1-2 thai chilies, thinly sliced
Whisk all of the ingredients together and set aside.
Sauteed Cabbage and Shiitakes
- 1/2 T canola oil
- 2 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 8 shiitake mushroom caps, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Heat the oil in a medium saute pan over high heat. Add the cabbage, mushroom and onion and saute for 2-3 minutes until soften. Reduce the heat to medium and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 more minutes until veggies are soft.
- crispy garlic
- Green onions, thinly sliced
Place the tofu on the plate and pour 1/2 of the Chili Yuzu Sauce over; garnish with your choice of toppings. Serve with brown rice and sauteed cabbage & shiitakes.