The post was created as a part of the #GenesisTodaySuperfoods August Challenge.
I am counting down the days to cool crisp weather, hot chai lattes, scarves, boots and Gilmore Girls. Portland doesn’t help with it’s crazy weather either. We have crispy leaves from too much sun, cool mornings but then as soon as noon time rolls around it’s blazing hot out. So this mornings breakfast seems pretty perfect – hot, cold, creamy and packed with nutrients!
- 1.5 frozen bananas
- 1 oz Genesis Superfood Acai 100
- 1 Genesis Superfoods Omega Capsule - prick and squeeze out the oil and toss the capsule
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup water
- agave, honey, maple syrup
- Blend the banana and acai together until soft serve consistency.
- Cook oats until soft and creamy.
- Add both to a bowl and top with your favorite toppings.
To boost things up a bit I decided to add Genesis Today Omega 3-6-7-9. Omega 3-6-7-9 also delivers unique vegetarian sources of essential fatty acids in the oil taken from sacha inchi seeds and rare omega-7 fatty acids derived from sea buckthorn oil. This plant-based supplement also includes a beautiful blend of goji and açaí berry oils. Among other things Omega 3-6-7-9:
• Supports heart health and cognitive function*
• Supports healthy skin, hair and nails*
I like to call this my beauty bowl because of all the omegas and the acai aka the beauty berry. I know it sounds strange to have oats and banana ice cream together but I am telling you it works! The I like to mix everything together and it is a creamy goal of goodness and fills me right up until lunch.
Today is your lucky day though you don’t have to take my word for it you can try it for yourself by entering this giveaway below!
Disclaimer: I am blogger ambassador for Genesis Today. I received monetary compensation for this post. The opinions are my own and based on my own experience.