It’s Fitness Friday! What have you been doing this week to stay fit? This week the Hubz and I started a mind body and soul cleanse to help get our bodies ready for a busy summer. Part of the cleanse is to stay active, here is what I did this week:
- Friday: 20 cardio workout
- Saturday: nothing- I spent Saturday cooking, cleaning, demoing chocolate, preparing for a birthday party and hosting a birthday party with only about 30 minutes to sit down and relax. This resulted in my fail of not completing this months challenge.
- Sunday: 2.5 mile 60 minute walk
- Monday: off
- Tuesday: 30 minute yoga burn
- Wednesday: 30 minute abs & legs Skinny Bitch
- Thursday: off…..b/c girl reasons had me curled in a ball. TMI.
Days: 4/25 Days 2/15.5 Hours
What’s Your Favorite Yoga….
I am honestly a yoga mat hoarder. My friend came over the other day and walked into our workout room and saw the basket full of yoga mats and stared in shock – asking why do we need so many mats? Well honestly a few are samples that I have received, a few are the Hubz and a few are mine.
- I have my super old Winsor Pilates Mat which is a thicker spongy mat that I don’t really use for yoga but more for mat workouts.
- Then I have a Jade Yoga mat that is my favorite however it slips a lot so using it at home is not ideal because we have carpet and when I do use it I always end up at least a foot back from where I started.
- The next mat I have which I like for power yoga and on carpets is my pRana Mat; it is super heavy, long and is good for more vigorous yoga sessions. The downfall with this mat is that it weighs a ton and there is no way I could (or would) lug it to and from yoga classes.
- I also have an Aurorae yoga mat which I don’t really like that much, although many people love it and honestly the Hubz is the one who uses it consistently. I do however love my Aurorae yoga sport sweat towel and sleep free rosin bag.
- My favorite mat because it is thin, naturally sticky, light weight and it doesn’t slip is my Gaiam Wisdom Yoga Mat; created from all-natural rubber that’s non-toxic, eco-friendly and biodegradable. My husband also has a Gaiam Mat, I’m not sure which one but it is a thicker one and he has a super cheap one he got at Target which is really pretty awful and slippery.
So as you can see I am a yoga mat hoarder; I like each mat for different reasons and use them all for different types of yoga, different floors and depending on my mood. What type of yoga mat do you have?
Type of Yoga:
I have tried Power Yoga, Anusara, Ashtanga, Groove Yoga, Restorative Yoga and community classes which are usually a Vinyasa class. My favorite yoga class to take is Anusara which is a system based on Hatha Yoga founded by John Friend. I recently just took a Groove Yoga class and it was really an amazing experience. It incorporates dance and yoga into one class and it gives you a great cardio workout and just lifts your spirit. Ashtanga is more regimented than I like and after my six week workshop I have never returned to another class. Restorative Yoga is all about being slow, relaxing, concentrating on the breath and you stay in poses for several minutes. For me Restorative yoga is my favorite way to unwind, relax and it leaves me feeling like I just had an hour massage. At home I usually do Rodney Yee Power Yoga, A.M. Yoga, Yoga for Abs and Yoga Burn at home along with some podcasts from yogadownload.com. What is your favorite type of yoga?
Other Posts You Might Like: