Chocolate Cheesecake with Oreo Crust
1/2 block soft tofu, drained
1/3 cup + 1T soy milk
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mixture can be prepared the night before you plan to make it. Preheat oven to 375F. Soften tofu in large mixing bowl, combining in cocoa powder, vanilla extract and sugar. Once the added ingredients are combined, gradually stir in chocolate soy milk. Make sure all ingredients are well combined.
2 1/2 cups vegan creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (i.e. vegan version of Oreos)
2 tablespoon margarine
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place cookies in large plastic bag and crush with rolling pin. Or crush the cookies in a food processor.
3. Transfer crumbs to medium bowl, drizzle with melted margarine, and mix with fingers until well combined. Pour crumbs into 9-inch pie plate.
4. Press crumbs evenly onto bottom and up sides of pie plate.
5. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to firm crumbs, Bake until crumbs are set, about 10 minutes. Let it cool.
6. Pour mixture into oreo crust. Place in preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes until the top of the cheesecake appears solid. Allow cheesecake to sit in fridge for 1 to 2 hours, before serving.
This recipe for Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake serves/makes 4
Okay, so there’s defintiely pictures to come. I promise.
At least once a week, Lindsay and I make breakfast food. Sometimes it is actually for breakfast and others it is for lunch or dinner. Either way, it’s my time to make food for her since she usually makes everything else (with my assistance of course!). My breakfast specialty is tofu scrambler and we always have that with a side or two (usually toast and hashbrowns or fake breakfast “meat”).
I don’t use a recipe or anything for the scramble, just add spices and veggies (and sometimes veg*n cheese or bacon) to the mix and go.
Here’s what i used for this batch:
- chopped mushrooms
- diced onions
- diced tomatoes
- veggie spice
- 1 block of vegetable tofu (FIRM)
and the process:
- Chop the onions, tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Fry up the onions and mushrooms in olive oil until the onions are translucent
- Crumble the block of tofu into the pan
- Mix in about a cup of salsa
- Min in a couple of teaspoons of veggie spice for flavour and colour
- Mix in cumin, curry, paprika, turmeric to taste/smell
- Make sure everything is mixed well and reduce heat on the frying pan and let it cook for a while to absorb in all the flavours
Poor Neil is sick so i decided to make him some soup to get better!
1 small onion
1 large carrot
1 largish potato
a few mushrooms
a few morningstar chicken strips
1 head of roasted garlic
6 cups of “chicken” stock
1 teaspoon of veggie boullion
2 teaspoons of veggie seasoning
salt and pepper
1 can of canellni beans
1 tablespoon of cornstarch and a little of the cooking liquid
saute the onion in oil while doing this cut up the carrot and potato and then add to pot. cook for a bit and then add the diced up mushrooms and chicken strips. stir and then add the veggie seasoning and salt and pepper. mix and let cook about a minute. then add the “chicken” stock and the veggie boullion. mix a bit of the cooking liquid with the cornstarch and then add. Let come to a boil. Then add the beans and roasted garlic. Let simmer about 30 min. (best to set over night)
I decided to make mushrooms with sage and a side of cajun roasted fava beans
for the mushrooms with sage:
2 cups of mushrooms
1 small onion
1 tsp sage
1 tsp vegetable spice
1/4 c sour supreme
salt and pepper to taste
and left over potato wedges
saute onion in a small amount of oil. once translucent add mushrooms, sage, and vegetable spice. cook for 3-5 min. then add salt and pepper and potato wedges. then add sour supreme
for the fava beans:
i use frozen and thaw them a bit in the microwave.
pre-heat oven to 450 degrees
on a sheet pan put 2 cups fava beans and then sprinkle about a tablespoon of olive oil over and about 2 teaspoons of lime juice. next sprinkle a good amount of salt on and some pepper and cajun seasoning (i like to use a little montreal chicken spice and cayenne pepper) then toss to coat and place in the oven and cook until golden brown.
I made some risotto a few days ago and have been using the leftovers to make different things. The other night i made a calzone and i used the recipe from my last post for pizza crust as the crust for the calzone.
leftover sundried tomato pizza sauce
carmalized onions and mushrooms
i mixed these together and filled the calzone crust and then baked at 400 degrees for 20min.