Doing: A whole lot of sitting/laying around and nursing because well thats what one does at 3.5 days postpartum! If you didn’t already know I gave birth to a nice big baby boy on Friday morning and you can read his birth story here. Besides taking it easy I have also been trying to balance life with a newborn who needs me to feed him and a toddler whose world has just been changed overnight – any transition tips would be great! We or rather Neil is also working on finishing packing because we move in 12 days (!!!!).
Thinking about: Everything we need to do in the next 12 weeks and wondering how E will do with the move. Unfortunately we had little control over the timing of all this and of course it all happens at once.
Watching: We have been watching Cover Affairs which I love but we haven’t really found another show that we are into right now. Neil and I also watched Divergent the other night and it was seriously the first time in months that both of us stayed awake from start to finish … too bad the movie was just okay.
Looking forward to: Being healed! I hate not being able to be up and doing things like playing with Edith or cooking or helping pack but right now I know its best I take it easy so I heal more quickly. Also looking forward to moving and getting settled in to life as a family of 4.
Reading: Nada. Besides children’s books.
Loving: Neil <– seriously amazing husband, father and partner. Also loving our two kids (crazy to type that). And loving all the kind words and support via FB, IG and Twitter regarding Alder’s birth.
As always this post is inspired by Sometimes Sweet.
Born 8/1/14 at home
Part 1 of his birth story
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Foodie.com. All opinions are my own.
Lately I have been really into finding quick and easy vegan family friendly recipes so that when baby #2 finally arrives (my due date is today BTW) we have a stock pile of recipes. Neil is going to be doing most of the cooking for the first two weeks so the easier and quicker the recipe the better. Another important factor for me was that not only are the recipes quick and easy and of course healthy but that we also have a good variety of recipes to choose from.
Check out 12 Quick Vegetarian Family Friendly Recipes
by Lindsay at Foodie.com
My top five favorites from the collection above are:
- Loaded Lentil Sloppy Joes: these bring me back to my childhood although back then they weren’t vegetarian and the sauce came from a can. This is a much healthier version and what’s more fun then a delicious, messy meal?
- Super Creamy Vegan Mac & Cheese: honestly I could eat vegan mac and cheese most days of the week and Edith and I usually have it at least once per week for lunch. This recipe is super creamy and you can easily bulk it up with some veggies.
- Creamy Sundried Tomato & Avocado Pesto: another pasta dish but this time a little different and more sophisticated but still kid friendly.
- Tempeh Chow Mein: I love Chinese take out but for one we haven’t found any great Chinese take-out in Portland and it’s not always the healthiest option. This however is a great at home option and way healthier!
- The Ultimate Veggie Sandwich: Sandwich night is one of my favorite night of the week and this recipe is filled with lots of veggies and can easily be customized to the taste of the each family member.
What are your favorite quick family friendly recipes?
As most of you know a few years ago Neil and I started a family blog to document our journey into parenthood and beyond. Since then I have devoted most of my post on RWT to health, fitness and food and my post on Naturally Family to parenting and glimpses into our family life. For […]
I was reminded yesterday that it has been just over three years since I officially started my running journey. For years and years I had wanted to start running but just never fully committed. I picked up running for a short time when I was in college but never fully committed and was over it […]
Something exciting happened this past weekend…TOMATOES! Yes finally our local farmers market vendors have tomatoes and I am seriously in heaven. You would have thought the two huge heirloom tomatoes and three pints of heirloom cherry tomatoes would have lasted us all week but since I have been on a crazy tomato kick we are […]
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. As always all opinions are my own. Neil and I have always enjoyed entertaining whether it’s a pizza party, a potluck or our annual pumpkin beer tasting dinner. My favorite time to entertain however is during the summer when the days are longer, the sun is out […]