Danielle Crispy Fruit Chips are my new obsession. I recently saw these at Whole Foods and was tempted to try them but talked myself out of it. So when Neherbal Foods said they world send me samples I was delight to try them. Now that I have tried them I am addicted and can’t wait to get my hands on more.
Danielle Crispy Fruit Chips have a number of flavors and I tried 5 of them:
- Wild Taro Chips
- Sweet Jackfruit Chips
- Roasted Coconut Chips
- Sweet Mango Chips
- Tangy Pineapple Chips
All of these chips were amazing and are a great snack when you are looking for something sweet and crunchy. The Sweet Mango Chips and the Sweet Jackfruit where my two favorites, however I enjoyed all of them. I was pleasantly surprise to find that the Roasted Coconut Chips were creamy and sweet.
They are All Natural, have No Preservatives and No Trans Fat; the fruits and veggies are then sprayed with nonhydrogenated palm oil and “vacuum fried,” a method that, according to the company, allows the products to retain their flavor and absorb little oil. A 28 gram serving there are about (depending on fruit/veggie you get) 120 calories, 3.5 grams of fat, 5 grams of fiber, and 2 grams of protein.
Disclaimer: Neherbal Foods provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.
Here is my update on what we have been eating this week for our pantry challenge. So far this whole pantry challenge thing has been easy and we have been enjoying ourselves. It feels great to just get in the kitchen and try and put things together to make a healthy, filling and nutritious dish. My husband also makes it even more of a challenge because if it were just me I’d eat rice and beans with steamed veggies or veggie chili but he just isn’t in to that all the time so I am forced to come up with new ideas. I am thinking that next week will be challenging once the supply of frozen veggies starts to deplete but we are still going to go strong!
Day 1- Sunday:
- Breakfast: Cornmeal Pancakes with berry sauce (made from frozen berries)
- Lunch: Leftovers from our dinner party- chickpea romanesco, saffron-garlic rice and roasted asparagus
- Snacks: Hubby and I split a Lucy’s Cinnamon Cookies Sample and a package of Daneille Crispy Fruit Chips- Pineapple; I also had a Texas BBQ Primal Strip Sample
- Dinner: Homemade WW bread with sauteed cabbage, Italian Field Roast sausage, onions, mushrooms and 1 heaping tablespoon of Tofutti cream cheese and hubby and I split and orange for dessert
Day 2- Monday:
- Breakfast: 2 slices of WW Homemade Bread with Tofutti cream cheese and a cup of decaf coffee for me and some maple brown sugar instant oatmeal for the hubby
- Lunch: Hubby’s lunch was homemade WW bread with a huge salad of romaine, carrot, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sliced almonds and raisins with a homemade balsamic raspberry dressing
- Snacks: Danielle Mango Crispy Fruit Chips
- Dinner: Beans and cabbage with mexi spices in a big chili wrap with some reduced fat salt and pepper chips and a glass…or 2 of red wine
Day 3- Tuesday:
- Breakfast: Coach’s Oats with chia seeds, stevia, banana, cinnamon, coconut PB and a few mini chocolate chips for me and instant maple brown sugar oats for the hubz
- Lunch: neil had leftovers from dinner last night and I had a big wrap with romaine, BBQ sauce and Gardin Buffalo Chicken
- Snacks: Baked Salt and Pepper Lentil Chips, orange
- Dinner: BBQ Dinner- Veggie Dogs with mushrooms and onions and BBQ potatoes
Day 4- Wednesday:
- Breakfast: refried black beans and tortillas and a coffee
- Lunch: Leftover BBQ potatoes and hot dogs
- Snacks: Nugo Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Bar, Trader Joes Fruit Strips
- Dinner: Homemade refried black beans, sauteed cabbage and southwest corn in GF tortillas that weren’t great so we each only ate one and we had some beers
Day 5- Thursday:
- Breakfast: leftover black beans with cabbage and corn for me and oatmeal for hubby
- Lunch: low carb tortillas with black beans, romaine, hot sauce and scallions for me and leftover black beans with cabbage and corn for hubby
- Snack: Baked BBQ chips, teriyaki primal strip, Sensible Foods Dried Corn Snack, Coconut Water
- Dinner: Field Roast Italian Sausage, Sauteed Cabbage and Potatoes (we ended up eating a like 3 bites of potatoes and were done.)
- Dessert: Blueberry Crisp Pie
Note today I picked up 3lbs more of cabbage at $0.25/lb so that makes my weekly total: $19.44
The winner is: Ashlei
Namaste Foods small manufacturer of fine foods that contain no wheat, gluten, corn, soy, potato, dairy, casein or nuts. Most gluten free products can be pretty expensive however Namaste Foods has created a number of meals and mixes that are GF and inexpensive. Their products include mixes for muffins, waffles & pancakes, flour mixes, cookies, cakes & desserts, pastas, bread & pizzas. As you can see there are a number of great products for anyone who is looking for GF products.
Namaste Foods sent me a sample package of their Pasta Pisavera Pasta Meal to try. This product is easy to make in ready in about 15 minutes. Just boil this veggie brown rice pasta, drain, and add the delicious Italian Seasoning packet to make 4 side portions. I decided that I wanted to make 4 entree portions from this so that we could have dinner and leftovers for lunch the next day. I added steamed cauliflower, black beans, onions, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes and artichoke hearts to make it a hearty meal.
Namaste Foods has decided to give you all a chance to try their products. You can enter to win a “Namaste Tote with perhaps a pasta mix and a Pizza crust which may be better for the vegan diet, along with a Living Without magazine, recipe cards, coupons and assorted goodies!” If you would like to enter please visit the Namaste Foods Website and let me know which product you are interested in trying. Please enter by March 22nd at 8am. (Sorry this is open to US residence only.)
For Additional Chances to win:
1. Follow me on twitter @cookveganlover (come back and leave a separate comment)
2. Tweet “I want to win the Namaste Foods Giveaway @cookveganlover http://wp.me/pFVWo-zk” (come back and leave a separate comment)
Disclaimer: Namaste Foods provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.
I am a huge fan of licorice and was delighted when Panda decided they would send me a few samples to try. They sent me Panda Licorice Creams which are filled with chocolate, caramel & strawberry. The caramel was delicious. The hubz even didn’t mind these and he is not much of a licorice fan. […]
Eden Organic gave me the opportunity to try one of their products and I chose the WIld Berry Mix. This Wild Berry Snack Mix has no added salt and is filed with organically grown roasted almonds, roasted pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, raisins, dried wild blueberries and dried cranberries. This snack mix was delicious and I’m […]
Artisana Raw Organic Nut Butters sent me some teasers of their amazing raw nut butters. These cute little jars had one serving of nut butter in them just enough to get a taste and leave you wanting more. These handmade and raw gourmet nut butters are a great treat. Although they are expensive they are […]
Rishi Tea provided me with a few samples of their organic fair-trade tea to try. Rishi has many great teas such as: African Rooibos, Ancient Tree Tea, Black Tea, Caffeine Free Botanical Blends, Chai, Green Tea, Iced Tea, Oolong Tea, Organic Tea & Botanicals, Pu-erh Tea, White Tea and Yerba Mate. They also carry some […]