This summer we have had a meal of popsicles more than once or twice this summer. These aren’t just any popsicles though and you can’t purchase them in the store. I’m talking about superfood and homemade. With Portland’s heat this summer and the lack of desire to cook has me throwing things into the blender, pouring into popsicle molds and voila there’s breakfast, lunch or dinner. I love to keep these popsicles nutrient dense, free of refined sugars and packed with superfoods.
- One Medium Banana
- 1 Cup Chopped Frozen Kale
- 12 OZ Orange Juice
- 3 Probiotic Capsules
- 1/4 Cup Blackberries
- Add the banana, kale, orange juice and blackberries to a blender.
- Open the probiotic capsules and add to the smoothie.
- Blend until smoothie.
- Drink up or pour into popsicle molds and freeze!
Since actively taking a probiotic I have experienced better digestion and just overall I feel better. Since I’m not big on taking pills I love that I can open the capsules and add these probiotics to my smoothies and popsicles or even my oats! Genesis Today’s Probiotic strains promote healthy intestinal microflora and healthy digestion. A few extra perks of these probiotics:
- This blend contains no animal sources and includes 17 beneficial strains of health-promoting bacteria superfruits, sprouted greens, and fermented fruits and vegetables.
- The best part is this probiotic blend helps keep your cut nice and happy.
So I have a happy belly, a happy family and I don’t even have to turn the stove/oven on!
Do you take a probiotic?
Disclaimer: I am blogger ambassador for Genesis Today. I received monetary compensation for this post. The opinions are my own and based on my own experience.