This post was inspired by Nicole.
Is it finally Friday? This has been quite the week!
5 Thoughts in my head:
- We have someone coming to fix our pantry door in an hour or so and our landlord decided that this would be a good time to do “an inspection” and I am less than impressed.
- I’m wondering what time Bowery Bagels opens tomorrow morning so we can pick up jalapeno salt bagels with vegan savory cashew spread for our road trip.
- Wishing that we could head to the coast RIGHT NOW and not have home repairs, inspections, work (for Neil) and have to get our car serviced before we can FINALLY just be there.
- Thinking a latte sounds really good right now.
- Also thinking I just want to sit on the couch and watch TV today but alas not a (good) option for a SAHM.
5 Things about Raising a Toddler:
- They force you to take a deep breath and relax because if you don’t you’ll go crazy.
- They surprise you everyday with someone new they have learned- this week Edith sang (her version) of Rock-a-bye baby.
- They often have impressive eating habits and I swear Edith has at least two stomachs. This morning she had two bowls of oatmeal and stole a number of bites from my and Neil’s breakfasts.
- They are surprisingly helpful especially if you ask them if they want to be your helper. Edith helped me with laundry and putting away dishes yesterday.
- Sometimes I need coffee and The Lorax to make it through the day.
5 Foods I Ate This week:
- Homemade vegan mac and cheese. I have had it twice this week and we have leftovers for lunch. What can I say? It’s that good.
- Nectarines. Seriously one of my favorite fruits and when I saw them at Whole Foods for a good deal AND they smelled amazing of course I had to buy some.
- Cuban Food. We had a mini family date night out and tried a Cuban place that has lots of vegan options. It was decent but a little greasy for us.
- Graham Crackers. I don’t know why but I had this crazy craving for them so I bought a box on Sunday and well between the three of us that box didn’t stand a chance.
- Ranch Kale & Cabbage Slaw. I have been making this the past few nights and it’s simply vegan ranch dressing, shredded kale, shredded green cabbage, shredded carrots, a little garlic powder and a bit of red wine vinegar. YUM!
5 Workouts to try:
- My Favorite Lazy Girl Workout
- Bikini Booty Workout (something I won’t be having anytime soon)
- Good Morning Yoga Sequence
- Barre At the Beach
- Run/Walk Treadmill Interval Workout
5 Blog Posts to Read:
- #motherrunner // Being Selfish
- Proud to Be a Mamalete
- Brewing Our Own Rootbeer
- How Does Your Garden Grow?
- How To Dry Herbs
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and Happy Mother’s Day to all the new mamas, old mamas and mamas-to-be! xo.