Almost two years ago I posted My Fitness Bucket List and to be honest I haven’t looked back at it since. I wrote it a month before Edith was born, seven months before moving cross country and 19-months before being pregnant once again. So needless to say things have changed a bit.
First off lets review of what my goals where:
- In 2012 I wanted to attend postpartum yoga. Well that never happened. I ended up taking Edith to baby yoga but never made it to a postpartum class.
- In 2012 I had grand plans of run/walking the Disney Wine & Dine Half at four months postpartum. Well that just didn’t happen at all. Despite my low expectations timing just wasn’t right for cost, travel and racing. Side note Neil & I was originally going to run the Disney Half in January 2012 but in October 2012 Neil got in a major bike accident which led us defer to the Wine & Dine and then I oops I got pregnant.
- In 2014 I wanted to run the Vermont City Marathon as a relay team with Neil. Well we ended up moving across the country in January 2013 and well here I am pregnant again.
- Sometime between June 2012-2017: participate in the Vermont 100 on 100, attend Wanderlust once again, participate in a Ragnar Race (specifically the Key West one) and do the Expedition Everest Challenge with Neil.
- Lifetime Goal: Hike the entire Long Trail.
I have to say I had some pretty lofty goals. I mean seriously run/walk my first half just four months postpartum after NO running during my pregnancy?? Was I serious? While others were not unreasonable it’s more unlikely that I will be able to do everything on my original list in the time frame I set out purely for financial, travel and family reasons.
So what does my updated Fitness Bucket List look like?
- April – July 2014: Stay active during the remainder of my pregnancy by getting out for walks, doing prenatal yoga at home and strength workouts.
- Early Fall 2014: Get back to being active starting as soon as I am cleared for activity and am feeling physically ready. Starting with lots of walking, strength training and yoga.
- Late Fall 2014: Start C25K or similar run/walk program. Continue with strength training and yoga.
- 2015: Run a 5K and a 10K.
- 2016: Run a 5K, 10K and half marathon.
- 2017: Run a Disney half marathon.
- 2018: Participate in a group relay race (Ragnar, VT 100 on 100, Hood to Coast, ect.)
- Lifetime: Hike the entire Long Trail.
- Lifetime: Take a Barre3 Class.
- Lifetime: Try paddle boarding.
- Lifetime: Run a race in every state (no specific length).
What is at least one thing on your Fitness Bucket List?