The following post is sponsored by FitFluential LLC on behalf of Nutrex Hawaii.
I fell in love with spirulina many years ago now when I first started out as a health coach. I was actually looking for something for myself that would be an excellent source of protein, Vitamin B12 and Iron. As a vegan I have dealt with B12 deficiency and I wanted an easy way to get more in my diet. To be honest it’s not only vegans and vegetarians that often have a B12 deficiency but many omnivores do as well.I found that spirulina is not only is it an excellent source of those but also of Vitamins A, K1, K2 and manganese and chromium. To top things off one 3 gram serving of Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica provides 60% protein. It is also rich in phytonutrients such as carotenoids, GLA, SOD, and phycocyanin.
While I have tried other spirulina I have found that Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica is one of the top quality and provide so many amazing benefits. These benefits include:
- Strengthens the immune system
- Boosts energy levels <– it really does! Take this for 3-5 days straight and you will see a difference.
- Supports cellular health
- Supports cardiovascular, eye and brain health <– this is why I give this to my vegan toddler (and why my husband and I take it as well).
Hawaiian Spirulina is packed with nutrients, gram per gram it has:
- 2800% more beta-carotene than carrots
- 3900% more iron than spinach
- 600% more protein than tofu
- 280% more antioxidants than blueberries
I prefer to add mine to a smoothie but on days when I don’t have a smoothie I love that Hawaiian Spirulina also comes in capsule form. My (and Edith’s) favorite smoothie is Banana Blueberry Spirulina and this is how you make it:
- 8oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp spirulina
- 1-2 tsp agave
Blend until smooth and frothy! So easy right?
Have you tried Spirulina? What’s your favorite way to use it?
- Sign up for the Nutrex Hawaii Newsletter for deals at: http://www.nutrexhawaii.com/contact preferences/?email=Sign+Up+for+holiday+Deals
- Use the promo code HOLIDAY30 to get 30% off
- For healthy spirulina recipes, visit: http://www.nutrexhawaii.com/recipes