Serves 4 as a side
• 3 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into 1/2 inch half moons
• 1.5 Tbsp Grade B maple syrup
• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• pinch of cayenne (optional) *Reduce or omit cayenne if serving to
• 1 tsp chili powder
• 1 tsp smoked paprika
• 1/4 tsp black pepper
• 1/2 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 400F
1. Place sweet potatoes cut side up on a large baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper
2. Whisk together the maple syrup, olive oil, cayenne, chili powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper; use all of the sauce to evenly coat both cut sides of the potatoes.
3. Bake for 30-35 minutes until sweet potatoes are fork soft and lightly browned.