What’s that a recipe? Yes I actually took the time to write down and measure ingredients so I could write a recipe post. Lately I have been in the kitchen just tossing things together hoping that they workout and haven’t been writing down anything but that is going to change. This recipe is one that I have been thinking about for awhile now and it is based on one of my favorite salads from a local restaurant we love.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups shredded kale
- 1-15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-15oz can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of fresh or defrosted corn
- Lime Vinaigrette (Recipe Below)
Preheat oven to 375F. Toss sweet potato with olive oil, salt and pepper and spread onto a sheet pan. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes until tender and lightly browned. Toss the kale, beans and corn with the lime vinaigrette. Add the warm sweet potatoes to the salad and toss to combine. Serve room temperature.
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons agave
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Juice of two limes
- 1/4 cup EVOO
Whisk everything except olive oil together. While whisking slowly stream in the EVOO.