I love pesto, especially with pasta. I also really enjoy vegan sausages. Tofurky recently came out with a variety of artisan (vegan) sausages and so far my favorite is the spinach pesto variety. They are so good and even better with pasta and more pesto.
- 2 Tofurky Spinach Pesto Sausages
- 10 oz baby bella mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup of pesto (use your favorite or this recipe)
- 1 lb of bowtie pasta (or your favorite), cooked according to package directions
- 1/4-1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- salt and pepper
In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in the mushrooms and sausages and cook until lightly browned. Stir in the tomatoes. Add the pasta and pesto and stir to combine. Add a the reserved pasta water a tablespoon at a time if needed to help create the sauce (I used about 1/4 cup).
Disclaimer: Tofurky sent me their new Artisan sausages to try at no cost. All opinions are my own.