Lately I have been really thinking about why it is that I run and why it is important to me. Honestly there are so many reasons….
1. For Edith. I want to be the best role model I can for her and part of that is making sure she knows that fitness is an important part of a healthy life style and that creating and attaining your goals is an important part of life.
2. For the post run beer. Yep, I’ll be honest I love having a beer after a long run or a race.
3. Because it means wearing comfy clothes all day. I often don’t know when I am going to get a run in during the day so if I am not headed out to interact with other people then you can find me lounging in my running gear until the opportunity strikes.
4. It gives me more energy. We have had many sleepless nights around here due to wonder weeks and teething so getting out for a run or doing something active really helps to increase my energy and keep me going.
5. For my sanity. Running is a time for me to clear my mind and focus on something other than whats for dinner or how many packing peanuts Edith tried to eat that day (today it’s been 5).
6. For my health. I want to live a long and healthy life so I can enjoy my daughter and husband.
Why is running or working out important to you?
Content and/or other value provided by our partner, Target.