I always liked the concept of a smoothie in a bowl and for years I kept giving it a try but I just couldn’t get into it. Well that all changed when I first visited a local smoothie & juice bar that also serves up Acai Bowls. I saw a lady order one and it was the most delicious thing I had laid eyes on in a long time. After that I decided to give them a try and fell in love. Here is my current favorite recipe:
- 1.5-2 cups (homemade) hazelnut milk or any non-dairy milk you enjoy
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 Sambazon acai packet
- 1 heaping tablespoon almond butter
- 1 scoop vanilla vega protein powder
a sprinkle of chopped hazelnuts
a sprinkle of granola
a sprinkle of shredded coconut
a drizzle of agave
a sprinkle of cinnamon
blend. pour. top.
Q: Smoothies in a bowl: yay or nay?