I absolutely love brown rice. I could eat it for every meal and I often will cook up a big batch at the beginning of the week to enjoy with a variety of meals throughout the week. One of my favorite ways to use my pre-cooked rice is stir-fried up with a variety of veggies. The combination of the veggies, sweet and salty flavors and the hearty rice makes the perfect one pot meal.
8oz tempeh, diced
1/2 bunch of kale, shredded
6 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 bell pepper (any color), diced
1 medium onion, diced
2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
3 cups cooked brown rice
2 tablespoons mirin
3 tablespoons shoyu, divided
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon ume vinegar
- Heat the 5 tablespoons of water over medium-high heat in the saute pan over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and tempeh to the pan and cook until onions are soft and water has evaporated.
- Stir in the mirin, 1 tablespoon of the shoyu, and garlic.
- Add the carrots, bell pepper, mushooms and kale; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until kale is wilted.
- Stir in the remaining shoyu, sesame oil, ume vinegar and rice; stir until evenly combined. Reduce to medium and cook for 7-10 minutes