I am always trying to find new creative ways to use quinoa. It is a really amazing grain that is super versatile. It works well for sweet dishes and savory or in this case a savory dish with sweet notes.
- 3 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 inch of ginger, minced
- 1 & 1/2 cups diced pineapple
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice
- 1/4-1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Heat the coconut oil and ginger over medium heat in a saute pan with a lid over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the pineapple, bell pepper and chili flakes (optional). Stir to combine. Cover, turn down to medium and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the soy, and quinoa.
- Turn the heat to low and add the scallions and almonds, stir to combine.
- Serve in a hollowed out pineapple half.