When you say risotto most people think of something warm, creamy and savory but did you know it’s always delicious for dessert? Similar to your traditional rice pudding this version is made even creamier with the starchy risotto and the silky creamy PureAlmond almond milk.
Now this is a pretty heavy dessert that really is wonderful for special occasions or after a light meal. The vanilla and cinnamon are warming and the strawberries add a nice bit of sweetness. The Silk PureAlmond Unsweetened Vanilla makes this dish even richer without adding a ton of calories (only 230 calories per serving!) The best part is this dessert is quick and easy but is also super impressive. The perfect dessert to impress your friends or serve at a holiday party.
Sweet Cinnamon Risotto with Strawberries
- 1/2 cup Arborio rice
- 2 cup Silk PureAlmond Unsweetened Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 t cinnamon
- 2 T honey
- Bring the milk to a gentle boil and stir in the rice. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is fully cooked, stirring occasionally; make sure the rice does not boil over.
- Once the rice is cooked stir in the lemon zest, cinnamon and honey.
For the Strawberries
- 10 oz frozen strawberries
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a small pot over medium heat add the strawberries, lemon and honey. Cook on medium for 10 minutes until mixture has thickened up.
- Add the strawberries to the risotto and mix to combine. Spoon into serving dishes and enjoy!
*Nutrition (per serving): 230 calories. 1.4g fat. 0mg cholesterol. 78mg sodium. 53.2g carbohydrates. 2g dietary fiber. 30.6 sugars. 2.2g protein.
Calories saved per serving by using Silk PureAlmond Unsweetened Vanilla instead of skim milk: 24 calories
*From Calorie Count Recipe Analysis (http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php)
FitFluential LLC compensated me for this Campaign. All opinions are my own.