With a few days left in the Mezzetta “Make That Sandwich” contest I finally created my delicious wrap to submit. I had originally planned something a little different but then we went away on vacation so I had to rethink my original idea.
I decided to keep things relatively simple so that I could focus in on the ingredients. I also wanted to make sure I had a balance of flavors and textures from creamy, salt, silky and crunchy.
I also had to use at least two Mezzetta ingredients, I ended up choosing three.
Creamy Mediterranean Veggie Wrap
- 1 brown rice wrap (or any of the wrap you like)
- 2 tablespoons Creamy Garlic Cheeze (recipe below)
- 2 tablespoons roasted bell peppers, sliced
- 2 tablespoons marinated artichoke hearts, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- approx 2 tablespoons alfalfa sprouts
Place a layer of creamy garlic cheese on the brown rice wrap, leaving a small amount of the edge showing. At the end closest to you put a line of roasted bell peppers, followed by a line of marinated artichoke hearts, pitted kalamata olives and sprouts. Tightly roll up and slice in half.
Creamy Garlic Cheeze
- 6oz firm tofu, diced
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon cashew pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 large garlic clove, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
Place everything in a food processor and process until smooth
Want to enter the Mezzetta “Make That Sandwich” contest? You’ll have a chance to win $25,000 but you better get to the kitchen now and make your sandwich because the contest ends Labor Day!
Disclaimer: Mezzettaprovided me with their product at no cost. I was under no obligation to review them if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway.