Hoisin Vegetables and Tempeh
This recipe is quick and easy for those days when you “just don’t have time” to cook. In a matter of about 15-20 minutes with prep time you can have a healthy and nutritious dinner on the table that the whole family will enjoy. If you enjoy a little heat add the chilies or chili flakes. This dish is great as leftovers and works really well in a wrap for lunches.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded purple or green cabbage
- 2-3 Thai chilies or 1/4-2 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz tempeh, diced
- 3 T reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 t sesame oil
- 1.5 T hoisin sauce (found in the International foods section of most grocery stores)
- 1/2 t black pepper
Heat the oil in wok over medium-high heat.
Add the onion, cabbage and bell pepper and immediately toss with the oil to coat. Cook for 5 minutes then stir in the chilies, garlic and tempeh.
Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, hoisin and black pepper. Toss to coat. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until veggies are tender.
Serve with quinoa, rice or noodles.