Since I am crazy busy with work this week I have invited Mellissa from A Fit and Spicy Life to share one of her recipes. Enjoy!
Curried Quinoa and Cranberry Salad
Ingredients (Serves 4)
For the Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Bring the quinoa, broth, and water to a bowl. Add quinoa and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a small bowl whisk together orange juice, lemon juice, olive, oil, mustard, agave and curry powder.
- Place cooled quinoa and dressing in a large bowl, top with cranberries and almonds.
- Season with salt and pepper. Chill for a few hours until cold. Enjoy!
Mellissa is a 30 something girl living in Minneapolis who lives fitness, food, travel and wine. She creates healthy recipes and tries to share her love of food with friends and family