- 1 ¾ cup water
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
Bring the water to a boil in the small sauce pot.
Stir in the couscous. Cover and turn off the heat.
Let stand 5-10 minutes until the water has been absorbed.
Transfer to a large bowl, add the lemon zest and juice, scallions, cilantro, and olive oil, as well as, salt and pepper to taste. Fluff with a fork to combine. Serve.
- Serve this couscous as a cold salad.
- Add chickpeas, diced tomatoes and/or parsley to make a new dish.