• 1 tsp toasted cumin seeds
• 1 (14oz) block of extra firm tofu, 1/4 inch thick slices
• 1 small onion, minced
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 tsp coconut oil or vegetable oil
• 1 Tbsp ginger, grated
• 1.5 tsp ground coriander
• 1/4 tsp tumeric
• 1 tsp curry powder
• 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
• 1/4 tsp white pepper (optional)
• 1 tsp raw sugar
• 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
• 1-3 red chilies, minced
• 1 (14oz) can coconut milk
• 2 limes, zest and juice
• 1 Tbsp sweet or dark soy sauce
1. In a small dry sauce pan over medium heat toast the cumin seeds for 3-5 minutes, until aromatic.
2. In a medium sauce pan heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat; add the onions and garlic and saute for 8-10 minutes until soft and slightly caramelized. Add to a medium bowl.
3. Stir in the ginger, turmeric, coriander, curry powder, smoked paprika, white pepper, toasted cumin seed and sugar into the onion-garlic mix.
4. Stir in the sweet soy, lite soy, lime juice, lime zest, chili pepper and coconut milk.
5. Pour 1/3 of the coconut milk mixture onto a medium sheet pan (size is around 15! x 10! x 1!), place the tofu down in one layer and then pour the remaining coconut milk mixture over. Marinate at room temperature or in the fridge for 30 minutes -2 hours.
6. Preheat oven to 425F and bake for 35 minutes, or until sauce has reduced slightly and the tofu is lightly browned on top. There should be a little sauce leftover; spoon the sauce over the tofu or toss with a vegetable side!