November Goals – Starting Today
When I work with my health coaching clients the first thing we do is set out 1 month, 3 month and 6 month goals, however setting the goals just isn’t enough it’s what comes after. Once you set your goals it’s time to make action steps which are the steps you need to take to achieve your goals. Below are my goals for November (which I am starting today October 26, 2011) and the action steps I will be taking to achieve my goals.
- Exercise 5-6x per week and yoga 7x per week. I am currently training for my first half marathon but I know I need to step up my cross training, weights and yoga. To help increase my exercise I am hosting a November yoga challenge; 30 days of yoga and there is an incentive for those who want to participate. I will be doing Option B; to help motivate me I will do at least one class per week either at a local studio or at our gym. I am also doing 3 days of running per week per my training schedule (Jeff Galloway method). For the other 2-3 days I will go to the gym withm y husband to do cross training (swimming, biking, elliptical) and of weights.
- Drink more water. Each day I will have 1 glass of water upon waking up and then upon arriving to work fill up my 1L cup at work at least twice (drinking all of it). Evenings I will then drink at least additional liter of water. On weekends I’ll carry a water bottle with me so that I can stay hydrated no matter where I am.
- Cut back on alcohol. This has proven to be more of a challenge since my husband starting brewing his own beer. Most nights I only have at max one drink (if any) however I want to take steps to continually improve my health. So from now on Monday-Thursday no drinks and setting a 2 drink per day max on weekends.
- Keep my kitchen clean. Between my husband brewing and me cooking almost three meals per day our kitchen can get messy and a messy kitchen is no fun to cook in. To help keep my kitchen clean I am going to spend 30 minutes per day picking up my kitchen. If the kitchen is already clean or it takes less than 30 minutes to clean it then I will spend the remaining time picking up another area in the house.
- Do something for me (and him). This month the Hubz and I are going to use one of our Living Social deals to go get ourselves a massage because we desire it. We work hard and rarely treat ourselves to the spa. It is really important to take time to take care of yourself. So I am going to go and schedule an appointment by Sunday night for sometime this month.