The holidays are coming up which means family, friends and festive music. It also means parties, events and lots of food, lots and lots of it. Holidays are the one time of the year I find I struggle to maintain my workout routine and take care of myself. This year I have decided to be proactive and set fitness and self-care goals for myself. One of my goals is already in motion and that is training for my half-marathon which is in February. My second goal is to do yoga EVERY day this month. This is going to be quite a challenge considering I have only been doing yoga about once per week (if that) for the past few months.
I am challenging myself to practice yoga everyday in November. Oh and I am challenging YOU to to take on the challenge with me. That’s 30 days of yoga in a row. Now some days you may only be able to practice for 10-15 minutes other days you may do 90 minutes. The goal here is to set yourself up for success. Simply that you will do yoga everyday in November, details below.
November- 30 Days of Yoga Challenge
I encourage all of you to participate in the 30 Days of Yoga Challenge for the month of November even if it’s just doing a minimum of 10 minutes of yoga per day. However I am going to take things a little further for those of you who want to challenge yourself beyond 10-minutes per day. For those who want to take on the extra challenge I am going to provide you with a little incentive to do so with TWO chances to win a Lululemon gift card.
There are two incentive options; Option A is for those who want to go above and beyond 10-minutes per day while Option B is for anyone looking for an even greater challenge:
Option A: Do a minimum of 15-minutes of yoga per day PLUS at least three 30-minute sessions and two 60-minute sessions during the month of November i.e. twenty-five 15-minute sessions plus at least three 30-minute sessions plus at least two 60-minute sessions.
Option B: Do a minimum of 20-minutes of yoga per day PLUS at least three 60-minute and two 90-minute sessions during the month of November i.e. twenty-five 20-minute sessions plus at least three 60-minute sessions plus at least two 90-minute sessions.
How to participate:
Challenge Starts on November 1, 2011.
Fill out the form below with your name and email address, you can also add your twitter handle and/or blog address if you have one (not required). I will send out sample Yoga Challenge Log that you will fill out for the month of November. You must return the completed log to me by December 2, 2011.
Incentive Winnings: You can qualify by completing the challenge for either Option A or Option B (not both) and must indicate on your completed log which option you participated in. For those who choose Option A you will be entered to win a $10 Lululemon Gift Card (purchased by me). For those who choose Option B you will be entered to win a $25 Lululemon Gift Card (purchased by me). The winner will be chosen via random.org on December 3, 2011. There will be one winner per each option.
- You can practice your yoga anywhere. It can be at home, outside, at the gym, in a studio, the grocery store, ect. Anywhere you feel comfortable.
- You can use yoga books, podcasts, DVD’s or do an instructor led practice (or if you want to go free form then do it!)
- You do not need to have a blog to participate but if you do I encourage you to blog about your choice to participate and do daily or weekly updates; this can help you to stay accountable to yourself and your readers.
- Also I’d love to see tweets! So if you have twitter make sure to add it in the form so I can follow you. #30daysofyoga
- Send me photos! I’d love to see photos of you practicing and will do a weekly round up on my Fitness Friday post of any photos you send.
- I will be doing posts every few days featuring my favorite video/podcasts, yoga classes, and other yoga resources to help inspire you (and myself) to keep up with your practice all month.