This chili is spicy but so good! Enjoy!
Spicy Roasted Chilis Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, small dice
- 1 green bell pepper, small dice
- 4 garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- a mixture of 6-8 chilis (poblano, serrano, jalapeno, ect)
- 1-15oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-15oz can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-150z can fire roasted tomatoes with green chilis
- 1/2 cup of water
- 8-oz tomato paste
Preheat the oven to 350F. Place the chili peppers on a baking sheet and roast for 30-40 minutes until the peppers start to lightly brown/blacken. Remove from the oven and place in a big bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let the peppers sit for 10 minutes and then remove the skins from the peppers. De-stem and place all of the peppers in a food processor and process until broken down. Set to the side.
Heat the olive oil in a large high sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and green bell pepper and saute for 4-5 minutes until they soften. Stir in the garlic and cook for one minute. Stir in the spices and ground chili peppers and cook for a minute. If the mixture is looking dry add a tablespoon or two of water. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, tomato paste and water. Bring the chili up to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes on medium, stirring ocassionally.
Serve with fresh lime wedges, sour supreme and diced fresh tomatoes.