I have been lucky enough to get away this weekend and do hours and hours of yoga. For those times when I want to get away (for a non-yoga retreat) or don’t have time to go to a yoga studio I like to do a home practice and YogaDownload.com has been a great way to do this.
Why YogaDownload? (their reasons in black, my responses in red)
Yoga Download empowers you to practice yoga your way, on your time, wherever you see fit. Check out some of the best reasons to choose classes from YogaDownload.com:
- Superior Quality – every yoga download class is professionally recorded and mastered to give you the highest quality experience. I agree with this- I find that the recordings are really well done and are really easy to follow on your own.
- Unparalleled Selection – and Growing! – with hundreds of classes in dozens of styles, you can practice your favorite form of yoga or experiment with new styles. This is one thing I love about the site- they have so many different types of yoga from Hatha to Power to Kundalini to Yoga for Runners- it makes it fun and exciting to try new types of yoga at home to decide whether you like them enough to spend the $15-20/class to do them at a studio.
- Yoga Your Way – whether you’re looking to relax for five minutes or sweat for an hour and a half, Yoga Download offers classes to fit your schedule and needs. Another great feature about yoga download – you don’t have to schedule your time around the class that you want to go to you can schedule your practice around your time. I love being able to do a quick 20 minute practice after work or 60 minute practice on the weekends when studios in Burlington are all closed. Additionally, there are times when studios don’t have the type of class I want to attend during the hours I am available but with yogadownload.com I am able to take any class (that they have) whenever I want.
- Options Galore – choose audio classes, video classes, slideshows or build your own custom class from your favorite poses, then choose to stream it once or download it and keep it forever. See above.
- Affordability – stream, save to your computer or become an unlimited monthly or annual subscriber. Yoga Download makes a high-end yoga practice attainable for all. This is the biggest plus- you can get a number of free 20 minute downloads and if you like it go back for the 30, 60 or 90minute downloads for only a few dollars! Way less than studio practice and all those expensive DVD’s that you can’t take with you everywhere.*
- For the Teacher, By the Teacher – Yoga Download is designed to be an outlet for a wide range of deeply talented yoga teachers to share their gifts and practice with a global audience.
*Note: I don’t think YogaDownload.com is a replacement for studio classes- it is not the same by any means but it does provide you quality podcasts for your at home practices or for the times when going to the studio just doesn’t fit your budget. Additionally, I love my yoga DVD’s but with one TV in the house it makes it difficult to do them at times as well as I can’t always bring them with me when I travel.
Overall I loved my experience with Yoga Download an I plan to continue using their services and podcasts for those days I don’t make it to class or just want a quick practice at home. My favorite YogaDownload classes are the gentle Hatha Yoga and the Yoga for Runners
Yoga Download has generously donated a free one month membership to one reader.
To Enter: You must leave a separate comment for each entry and YOU MUST do the mandatory entry for your additional to count. This giveaway closes on June 30, 2011 at 6pm EST.
The Winner is:
1. Like YogaDownload on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/YogaDownload (MANDATORY)