Cranberry-Apple Glazed Tempeh
- 8oz block Tempeh, sliced in half and then sliced in half through the middle to make four 2oz portions
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Juice of 1 apple or 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup of cranberries
- 1 apple, diced
- 2T brown rice syrup
- 1/2T low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 sage leaves, sliced
- pinch of pepper
- Heat a large sauce pan over medium-high heat, pour in the broth and place the tempeh in a flat layer. Bring up to a simmer, flipping once the broth has reduced by half. Continue to simmer until the broth is gone. Remove the tempeh and set aside.
- In the pan over medium-low heat cook the cranberries, apple slices, brown rice syrup, soy sauce and pepper for 1-2 minute until the apple start soften. Stir in the apple juice and cook for 3 minutes until the apples soft and cranberries burst. Strain the liquid from the sauce and reserve both the fruit and liquid.
- Place the tempeh back in the pan over medium heat and add the liquid. Simmer until the sauce has thickened and glazed the tempeh.
- To serve top with some of the reserved cranberry-apple mixture.
Ciabatta Squash-Sage Dressing
- 4- 1/2inch slices of ciabatta, diced
- 1T vegan margarine
- 1T olive oil
- 7 sage leaves, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup butternut squash, diced and roasted
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup vegan chicken gravy
- 1T vegan margarine
- 2T AP flour
- 1 cup vegan chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Toss the squash with a little oil, salt and pepper; place on a sheet pan and bake for 30 minutes until the squash is soft.
- In a cast iron skillet or saute pan heat the olive oil and margarine until margarine is melted. Toss in the sage and cook until crispy and then toss in the onion and saute for 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 4-5 more minutes until the onion is soft. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and leave place in a bowl; set aside.
- Place the bread in the pan and stir around, coating with the oil. Cook on medium-high until the bread is toasty. Remove from the pan and set in the bowl with the onions.
- Place the squash in the bowl with the onions and the bread.
- In the skillet heat the broth until bubbly and then pour over the bread; toss to coat and serve immediately.