I know we are crazy, this weekend one of my girlfriends came over and we spent the entire Saturday afternoon/evening making crafts for Christmas gifts. We also enjoyed this wonderful pizza that was so delicious.
Kale, Squash and Apple White Pizza
- 1 whole wheat pizza crust (I buy prepared dough from our health food store)
- 1/2 delicata squash, thinly sliced and roasted at 375F for 25 minutes
- 2-3 cups of dinosaur kale, chopped and sauteed with 1T olive oil and 1T garlic until soft
- 1 small apple sliced
- 1/2 cup diced tofu, sauteed in 1T olive oil and 1T garlic until browned
- Garlic Base- 2T Vegan margarine, 1/2T vegan parmesan and 3 cloves of roasted garlic; blend to a paste
- red chili flakes, optional
- salt and pepper
Preheat your oven to 450F.
Roll out your dough and place on a baking sheet that has been sprinkled with cornmeal. Spread the garlic base on your pizza and then begin to place on all of the toppings. Sprinkle with chili flakes if desired and a little salt and pepper.
Place in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes until the crust is brown.