1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
My favorite non-dairy milk is Blue Diamond Unsweetened Almond milk it’s creamy, low calorie, soy free and it works well in hot and cold dishes. I really love Tempt hemp milk as well but it is awful in hot items- it curdles in coffee boo- but I love it in smoothies or in cereal.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
I plan on making some bean and kale soup tonight, I am working on a pasta recipe with truffle oil and a rice and bean dish with chipotle peppers and saffron powder.
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
Nutritional Yeast and Cajun Seasoning!
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
ummm some Asian inspired dish with glass noodles- it was slimmy and gross.
5. Favorite pickled item?
6. How do you organize your recipes?
I don’t really organize them haha.
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
Trash, Recycle and garbage disposal- we used to compost but don’t have the place to accommodate this now.
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)?
I would bring avocados, brown rice and kale.
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
Monkey Bread- my mom used to make this at Christmas and I loved it.
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
Salted Caramel at Stogo in NYC
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
My Blend Tec
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
cumin and chili powder
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
The Moosewood Cookbook- it’s my mom’s from the 80’s
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
Raspberry jam- with lots of seeds
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
Love cooking dinner.
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
flax meal, spinach, butternut squash
20. What’s on your grocery list?
i haven’t made one yet- we are going out of town soon
21. Favorite grocery store?
Healthy Living in South Burlington
22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet.
Nanaimo bars for the husband
23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa’s because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
I love Sjaak’s peanutbutter cups
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
I haven’t really purchased any…I received dried wild mushrooms for a contest though!