Wild Black-Eyed Pea Patties
- 2 cups of cooked and cooled wild rice
- 1 block of lite silken tofu (I used Nasoya)
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1T soy sauce
- 2T nutritional yeast
- 1t garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 to 1&1/2 cups whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/2T hot sauce
- 1-15oz can of black-eyed peas, drained, rinsed and smashed
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Blend the silken tofu, soy sauce, nutritional yeast, garlic powder and hot sauce until smooth.
- In a large bowl mix together the wild rice, tofu mixture, onion, and black-eyed peas.
- Starting with 1 cup of breadcrumbs and mix to combine then if needed add breadcrumbs 1T at a time until the mixture forms balls.
- Create patties using about 1/4 cup of mixture per patty and place on a lined baking sheet and press down.
- Place in the oven and make for 20 minutes, flipping after 10.