The Winner is: Melissa
Lotus Foods sent me a few samples of their exotic rices. I was delighted to find that the package included:
- Bhutanese Red Rice- We tried the Bhutanese Red Rice the other night and it was absolutely delicious. This rice is a short grain rice has a great nutty flavor
- Forbidden Rice- this rice is black which makes it so much fun to eat because the color makes the dish interesting.
- Jade Pearl Rice- I haven’t tried this one yet but it is described as “When cooked, this premium rice produces the aroma of a bamboo forest, a light vanilla taste, and an explosion of health giving nutrients.” (source)
- Cambodian Mekong Flower Rice- this rice was really floral and nutty
- Indonesian Volcano Rice- I also have yet to try this but it sounds amazing: “Volcano Rice is a colorful blend of nutrient-dense brown and red rice. Reputed to restore vitality due to its high mineral and fiber content, the Javanese favor this healthy rice for its satisfying wholesome flavor.” (source)
Lotus Foods sent me a few big bags and some one cup samples so now I am going to give you a chance to win 3 one cup samples. Enter by March 15, 2010 at 8am- update since I have an appointment I will not be around to pick the winner at 8am so you will have until 8PM. (P.S. Unfortunately this giveaway will only be open to U.S. residence)
- Visit the Lotus Foods website and let me know which flavor you’d like to try.
- Follow Cooking For A Vegan Lover on Facebook (leave a comment)
- Follow cookveganlover on twitter (leave a comment)
- Tweet “I want to win @cookveganlover Lotus Foods giveaway http://wp.me/pFVWo-xG” (leave a comment)