Since work is slow….
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t recall making any.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
my cousin’s wife had a baby girl
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 31- my wedding day.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
graduating. getting married. getting a job.
9. What was your biggest failure?
not getting a job in my field.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
train tickets to NYC
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
my husbands- he is doing amazing at his new(ish) job and got a raise!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
a number of people.
14. Where did most of your money go?
moving. wedding. honeymoon.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
anything chuck ragan.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:_a) happier or sadder?_b) thinner or fatter?_c) richer or poorer?
b) Neither: i have stayed the same but hope to get more fit this year and loose some weight
c) richer: i am no longer a student and have a full time job
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Travel. spent time with friends.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Surfing the internet.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
with my parents, grandmother, husband and cat.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
i am in love
22. What was your favorite TV program?
old episodes of Third Watch.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
The American Empire.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The What Cheer Birgade.
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
a job in my field
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
um….across the universe.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
i flew out of my honeymoon, 23
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
getting a job in my field.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
attempt to be stylish but lots of wear to work clothes and jeans
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
All of them—the war in Iraq, the environment, the economy, healthcare, human rights, animal rights.
35. Who did you miss?
My friends who moved away and that we moved away from.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
um i have no idea. we haven’t met many people here yet.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
make time to relax.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.